Posts Tagged ‘Birthday cookies’
Some people are just plain hard to buy for — either they are fussy or they have everything. One thing they don’t have, and even the fussiest of the fussy will enjoy, is one of our birthday gift baskets filled with melt-in-your mouth, buttery Smiley cookies. Choose from several Smiley Cookie gift baskets with cookies or cookies, coffee and a mug. Relatives, friends and co-workers will love you for this gift, and though it may not last long, the smiles that Smiley cookie gift basket brings will be remembered for a long time.
Our cookies are made fresh and hand packed so they are always fresh no matter where you send them. These gifts are perfect for the birthday guy or gal overseas, though you might want to choose one of our bigger baskets. You know that once your loved one in the military opens the package, everyone around is going to want a Smiley Cookie. We also have cookie gift baskets for other occasions that require congratulations, such as graduations, new babies and marriage.
You can also create your own birthday cookie. Choose a shape, a base color and a smiley color to personalize your loved one’s smiley cookies. Need Kosher cookies for that someone special? You don’t have to forgo cookies because you need Kosher — we also bake Kosher cookies.
In a world filled with delicious desserts, how is one ever to choose? Luckily for me, the great thing about getting my degree online is that I can travel the world, eating exotic pastries all while finishing up college.
I have always had a major sweet tooth, and I have loved every second of jetting around the globe in search of the next great dessert. Here are a few of my favorite exotic desserts!
Cannoli – Originated in Sicily, Italy, a cannolo (singular) is a tube-shaped, fried pastry dough stuffed with a sweet, creamy filling. Often topped with a drizzle of chocolate or crushed pistachios, cannoli are wonderful finishes to any meal! I first tried these when I was in Italy, but I order them every time I go to my favorite local Italian restaurant.
Mango Sticky Rice – A traditional summer dessert from Thailand, mango sticky rice is a fabulous dish primarily comprised of sticky rice, mangos, sugar and creamy coconut milk. I ate this refreshing dessert on a vacation to the beaches of Thailand, and it brings me back every time I order it at a Thai restaurant.
Crème Brulee – This decadent dessert hails from France, and is made up of thick, creamy custard topped with caramelized sugar. Served in individual ramekins, crème brulee makes the perfect dinner party dessert. I love to make this for guests when they come over and they are always impressed.
Flan – Often referred to as crème caramel, flan is a creamy custard dish with a rich, complex caramel flavor. Slightly giggly, this dessert is slightly similar to crème brulee, but much different in texture. I love to eat this dish after a particularly spicy meal to cool off my mouth and soothe my stomach.
Baklava – Crunchy, sweet, nutty and gooey, baklava is a traditional Greek dessert that succeeds in winning me over every time. Featuring layers of flakey phyllo dough and nuts dripping in a chewy honey mixture, I ate my weight in Baklava as I toured through the Greek Islands last year.
Remember, just because you can’t pronounce or have never tried something doesn’t mean it won’t be delicious!
Do you like to bake cookies but can’t find a unique or cute way to send them? Here’s one idea. Why don’t you try cookie gift baskets? It’s very easy to do. Plus, you get to express yourself too. Do you want to try it?
The truth is there is no exact or one way to present your cookie gift basket. In fact, the possibilities for your basket are endless. If ever you run out of quirky concept or plan, the styles below can help you:
1. A traditional gift basket is common. It is easy and fun to make too. Plus, you can purchase decorative baskets from any craft store near you. Lay a piece of fabric at the base of your basket. Next, place your cookies inside plastic bags. Tie the bags with colorful ribbons. Place the plastic bags in the basket. That’s it.
2. You can entertain or amuse your friends with your cookie basket. You might want to use tin cans or toy drums for friends who are musically-inclined. If you want, you can wrap the cookies with a music sheet.
3. If you are into combining colors, you might want to try layering your basket wrapper. Cut out designs or forms on the outer layer after you have wrapped the basket with your base layer. For example, use a black paper as your base layer. Then on another orange paper, cut out Halloween icons such as pumpkins, witches, etc. Wrap the orange paper around the black paper to see the effect. Cool, huh?
4. You don’t need to use a basket all the time. You can use other ideas such as toys wagons, wheelbarrows or baby bath tub if the occasion needs it. For baby shower gift, you can fill a baby tub with rubber duckie cookies. For a beach themed party, you can go for pails with cookies inside. These are cute ideas and you can invent as many “basket” ideas as you want.
5. If you are going for a simple presentation, you can just wrap your basket with clear cellophane. This way, your assortment of cookies can still be seen. Tie the cellophane with cute and colorful ribbons to create a contrast. Better yet, turn fabrics into ribbons. This idea allows you to incorporate fun patterns to your gift basket.
6. For intermediate bakers, you can create cookies shaped like flowers. Put craft sticks into your dough before you bake them to add “stems” to your cookie flowers. As soon as your cookies are cool enough, frost them to add colors to your flowers. Prepare your cookie basket by placing a florist’s foam. Carefully stick and arrange the cookies to make them look like a bouquet. Cover the revealed foam to make the presentation more believable.
You don’t only get to satisfy your taste buds with this activity. You also get to express yourself and show your creativity. I am sure that you can come up with clever ideas for your cookie gift baskets. If you have more, please do share them.
Author’s bio: Marcy Gray likes sharing her tips and tricks, and opinion through writing. In addition, she likes to write about various topics such as Baby Shower Decoration Ideas and Removing Skin Tags Yourself.
Baby showers are the perfect way to celebrate a pregnancy and welcome a new baby into the world. What are the most important ingredients for an unforgettable baby shower? Cheerful guests, silly games, a fun, baby-related theme and good food, of course! Cakes are almost always an essential part of a good baby showers, and they come in many shapes and sizes. Some great ideas for themed cakes include teddy bears, diapers, a stroller or even a great big pregnant belly. But cakes stop being quite so beautiful the minute they are cut into, and their memory will fade after the baby shower is over and the cake is eaten.
Cookies, on the other hand, work beautifully as party favors for baby shower guests. They will make the guest remember the baby shower and smile even after the party is over. Cookies can also be a nice gift for the mom-to-be, or can be given to one lucky guest who wins one of those infamous baby shower games like “guess the birthday” or “don’t say baby”. For the uninitiated, that is a popular game at baby showers, during which guests try to avoid using the word “baby” – whoever says the word the fewest times, wins the game. Back to cookies. This is a list of great baby shower cookies.
Baby gift baskets
Smiley cookie baby gift baskets come in pink or blue, and contain 36 freshly baked mini cookies with a beautiful smile. There is also a bib that says “I’ve got the milk…you bring the cookies”. These gift baskets are the perfect gift for moms whose pregnancy signs include sugar cravings! Their cuteness may actually make someone cry, so watch out!
A star is born
Are you an expectant mother who wants to show your baby shower host how much you appreciated the party? There is nothing better than these star-shaped and colorful smiley cookies to say a big Thank You to the person who put in all that hard work to organize your shower. “A star is born” can refer both to the baby and the shower host! You’ve got to love the dual meaning.
These cutie-pie hearts are just gorgeous to give as party favors! Wrap a few of them in cellophane and tie a bow in pink or blue, depending on whether the baby is a boy or girl, around them. Add a personalized card with the date of the baby shower, and you’ve got a lovely reminder of the shower for every guest.
Make your own cookie!
Did you know that you can customize your own smiley cookie? If your perfect cookie is not on the site already, or you just want something a little more personal, you can choose from any of the shapes and add any color you want. Did you like the heart-shaped cookie, but want it in blue for a boy? No problem! How about a pink cloud to represent the way we feel during pregnancy? You can have it!
Would you like to read more about baby showers, pregnancy and babies? Head over to Trying To Conceive. If you are hoping from a visit from the stork, their ovulation calendar will help you determine your most fertile days.
We’ve been waiting to do this giveaway and am super excited to show you!
With the weather improving and summer almost here, we are ready for some fun!!! So let’s get started.
We believe that a birthday gift should make you smile, whether you’re the giver or the receiver, and our line of birthday gift cookies offers plenty of ways to give a little grin to those you love on their very special day. (You’re smiling already, aren’t you?)
2. If you decide to Follow us on Twitter or you already do, leave us another comment letting us know you have. We would love it if you would retweet our giveaway too. That would be AWESOME!!
3. If you decide to head over to our Facebook page and click on the Like Button (OR use the toolbar below). Then leave us another comment letting us know you did!
4. If you decide to blog about our giveaway and tell all of your friends, please leave us a comment letting us know you did with the URL of your blog post.
BONUS – Check out our posting and nominate us for Stella Service. Leave us another comment letting us know you did.
We are going to close comments and draw winners on Monday, May 23 @ 2 PM EST.
Once again, it is time for this week’s StarSmiles Competition. At stake is a dozen delicious Smiley Cookies that we’ll deliver fresh to your door. For your chance to win, all you have to do is guess the name of the celebrity whose smile is pictured below. You can enter by tweeting your answer @Smileycookie with the tag #StarSmiles or by leaving a guess in the comments section of the StarSmiles post on our Facebook page.
Guess as often as you like and we’ll keep adding hints on Facebook and Twitter every now and then to help you out. We’ll randomly draw the winner from everyone who guessed correctly at 3 PM today.
But enough of the contest mumbo jumbo, can you tell us who this is?
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.